Dog bites in Calabasas and throughout California are on the rise. And a lot of it has to do with the COVID-19 pandemic as dogs are getting out and interacting less than normal and more people are buying or adopting dogs during this time and they go untrained. As one of the best dog bite lawyer Calabasas, we know how devastating a dog bite can be and many victims are dealing with the injuries years following the violent encounter. If you are in this situation, do not hesitate to get in touch with us now to learn more about your legal options and how much your dog bite case is worth.
Reasons Behind Dog Attacks: The best dog bite lawyer Calabasas can’t undo the attack you have suffered but they can make sure that you heal faster and better and also don’t pay out of pocket for the impact the dog bite has had on your life. But why do dogs attack in the first place? The reasons vary but here are some common ones:
- Breed: Some breeds are more violent than others and have the natural violent propensity that is easily set up.
- Situation: If a dog feels threatened it will often attack. This threat can come in the form of a person, a place, or another dog, and their first reaction is to bite and attack. A situation that scares or startles a dog can also lead to an attack.
- Territorial: There’s a reason so many dog bites occur by a dog someone knows—dogs are territorial. Dog bites in the home of a friend or family member happen because the dog is (wrongly) acting territorial and lashing out at the visitor.
- Play: While it does not end in play, many dogs are using their mouths and paws as a way to play with someone, not realizing that it can cause injuries.
Dog Bite Victims: Dog bite victims have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit following their attack and should look for the best dog bite lawyer Calabasas to maximize their recovery. Some of the things you can get compensated for in a winning dog bite lawsuit include:
- Missed work
- Inability to work
- Medical bills—current and future
- Plastic surgery needs
- Pain and suffering
You only have two years from the date of your dog bite to file a dog bite lawsuit with Walch Law before you lose this chance forever—these cases can not only be worth a lot of money but they can also provide a sense of closure and justice for the innocent victim. Robert and Gary Walch have over 40 years of experience winning dog bite cases—call us now to set up your totally free consultation with Walch law and learn why we are the law firm you want fighting for you. We start on your case the day you hire us!