Sleeping on the finest silk pillowcases is a splendid pleasure. In addition to the classy look and feel, nights in a soft coat of luxury silk confers health and beauty advantages because of this unbelievable fabric’s low friction surface and natural proteins. As all silk pillowcases are not equal it is important to know what to look for to benefit from what the best silk fabric can offer. Mentioned below are some of the points that one should consider when buying silk pillowcases:
- The best mulberry silk pillowcase: Silk fabric is made from fibers by silkworms to make fine, glossy, fabrics. The most excellent fibers originate from well-nourished Bombyx mori silkworms fed by white Mulberry tree leaves exclusively. Each silkworm makes a pair of ultra-thin fibers frequently reaching a complete kilometer in length. The fibers become tangled by a protein produced by the silkworm, locking in luxury and strength, readying the fibers to become graceful and stunning. Fine Mulberry silk characteristics include:
- outstanding breathability
- naturally fragrance-free
- natural temperature regulation
- hypoallergenic, displaying resistance to mold, bacteria, and bugs
- natural proteins providing beauty benefits for skin and hair
- Silk fabric weave: The silk fibers are coiled into threads that are then netted on looms into the fabric. The chosen weaving style is charmeuse, crossing the top fibers of the weft threads backward and forward, across the warp threads reaching the fabric length. This style of weave makes a polished, fluid surface and a crepe-like base. The result is a dazzling, smooth silk fabric adored for its outstanding look and feel. Weaving on narrow looms generates higher quality fabric than that woven on faster, broader, looms.
- Thread Count vs. Silk Weight: Silk fibers are light, strong, and thin, so silk fabric is measured by weight as opposed to thread count. The measuring unit utilized for silk fabric is the momme. The momme number allocated to silk fabrics notes the weight of hundred yards of 45″ broad fabric. While lighter weights of between eight and sixteen are perfect for clothing, and heavier weights up to thirty are ideal for upholstery and draperies, the optimum momme weight for superior performance, luxurious drape, and stylish appearance in silk bedding and pillowcases is twenty-two. This stunning balance pairs a silky, almost liquid feel with a sturdy fabric that is machine washable and wrinkle-resistant and can last for years. So, for draperies silk pillowcase 30 momme is ideal.
- Environmentally Friendly Silk: Search for silk pillowcases that are certified and tested by an independent agency or organization to be free from harmful chemicals, including toxins and irritants.
- Focus on Design Details and Stitching Quality: Details and stitching are vital. Even and clean, stitches with nearly invisible needle holes and no puckering are features classifying high-quality silk pillowcases. Nothing, not even seams, will disrupt the low-friction sleeping surface of these pillowcases, guarding hair against becoming messy and skin from scratch. Design details also add to the finest silk bedding. Perfectly-made deep cuff and French seams are elegant, high-end silk pillowcases.
- Silk Pillowcase Size and Color Options: Pillowcases are of different sizes like pillows. Your favorite pillow may be queen, standard, or king-sized; a rightly sized silk pillowcase is tailored perfectly for maximum comfort and beauty. Your pillow will come with a size tag so double-check your pillow size before buying a silk pillowcase. In the same way, there is a vast choice of colors when purchasing your silk pillowcase. Ivory and white go with almost everything, but a dash of color may be a welcome addition to your bedroom décor.
Finally, consider the cost when purchasing any silk product. Silk pillowcases come in a variety of prices. Do thorough research and compare the prices to get what you pay for.