There has been an increasing demand for bidets since the world was hit by the Covid 19 pandemic. Surprisingly, bidets were not so common in most countries. In fact, you would have to travel to a fancy destination (perhaps away from home) to see a bidet sprayer in a bathroom.
However, since the world was hit by the deadly coronavirus, a great majority of people have become more interested in bidets. Homeowners are refurbishing their bathrooms and incorporating bidets. Why the fuss, you might wonder? Well, keep reading for some fascinating facts about bidets and the comfort they will bring to your home.
What are the advantages of bidets?
- They are cost-saving: Speaking of bathroom facelifts, we all know that a good bath hardware set will be a bit pricey. However, it is the end result that keeps us motivated. Not to worry, bidets are not as costly. Considering that they come as a replacement for toilet paper, bidets will be a perfect cost-saving addition to any home.
- They are hygienic: As we struggle to fight the spread of the coronavirus, we have to be very vigilant about our personal hygiene. We all want to keep clean even after our business in the toilet.
Luckily, bidet seats, bidet sprayers, and bidet attachments are hygienic to use for people of all ages. The level of cleanliness that is needed to help stop the spread of the virus and other microorganisms will be achieved by fixing a personal hygiene bidet in your bathroom.
- They are eco-friendly: Unbelievably, bidets will use less water compared to toilet paper. Moreover, bidets will not cause blockage on our sewage systems. Another important factor to note is, when we minimize the use of toilet paper, we will be saving our trees. At the end of the day, the wash is more environment-friendly than a wipe.
Tips to follow when using bidets: If you are just learning about bidets, it is obvious that you do not know how to use one. If you have used one, read on; you might come across a tip or two that you didn’t know about.
- Know where the nozzle jets are pointing: Before you attempt to use a bidet, check it out first to find out where the nozzle is. By so doing, you will know where the water will come from and be prepared for it.
If you are a woman, you should be extra careful when using a personal hygiene bidet. The bidet nozzle should be directed from front to back for clean results.
- Start by wiping before washing: You might want to wipe off with toilet paper before reaching out for a bidet sprayer to avoid a messy situation, especially if you are a first-timer.
- Keep your clothes out of the way: Sometimes, clothing like underwear, dresses, and pants get wet in the process. Make sure that these clothes are out of the way before turning on the bidet jets.
- Use the air dryer to dry yourself after a good wash: Now that we are trying to cut down on the use of toilet paper, you should invest in a bidet that comes with a drying feature. For extra comfort and sustainability, you can choose a bidet with a temperature adjustable dryer.
What other bathroom fixtures are ideal for a home bathroom?
Apart from bidets, there are a wide variety of modern bathroom fixtures that you can choose for your home bathroom. However, with the several options available in the market, it might be challenging to identify a perfect bath hardware set.
If that is the case, showers and sinks, towel racks, and soap dispensers are just but a few of the items you should have in your home bathroom.