The life of socks is more demanding than any other type of clothing. They put on a lot of miles, so it is easy to see how they can wear out quickly. Following are some tips on how to take care of your socks to make them last longer.
- Tumble dry ankle socks womens and place them flat to dry. Hanging them would damage their elasticity. Especially do not squeeze out wet socks and do not iron socks.
- Washing can damage the socks but you can lessen its impact by avoiding dry clean. The chemicals are too harsh for sensitive items. So, divide your laundry and clean your socks with same-colored clothes. This will protect the vivacity of the colors. Also wash them inside out. This lessens pilling and keeps lint from sticking to the exterior of the socks. It also helps get rid of sweat and skin within the socks.
- Use cold water for washing. Too much heat will harm the fabric and affect its elasticity. With some materials, it can result in shrinkage or damage to the fabric.
- Ensure you are donning socks that fit. This will make you feel more at ease, and will last longer. Socks that are very small can get tears from your toes trying to push through the ends. Socks that are too big will cluster and rub where they are not supposed to. Also do not ignore your shoes. It is important that they fit appropriately as well. If your socks are gathering on the tops or the sides, your shoes can be too small. Shoes that are very large can slip on your heels and massage the bottoms and backs of your socks.
- If you have not found the right folding method for the socks fold them even. This helps socks retain their shape.
- Make sure that you dry them completely prior to you place them away. Wet socks will no more be elastic. Always store the sock pairs together.
- Keep your toenails short. Sharp nails can cause tears in the toes of your socks. You must also keep your feet smooth. Callused, rough feet can cause resistance in your socks, accelerating up wear and tear.
With proper care, you can increase the longevity of your striped ankle socks. Even though you socks will not last forever, but with these above-mentioned tips, you can keep them looking good and lasting longer.